Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekend Feature: A Scrappy Design Paper Boutique


For this week's handmade scrapbooking supplies of goodness I introduce Heather of A Scrappy Design on etsy. She makes and sells all kinds of fantastic and unique paper embellishments. Be sure to read Heather's interview below. Then go to her shop, or click any item photo to be taken to it's etsy listing, and make some wonderful projects with her goodies!

Some other places you can keep up with A Scrappy Design:
Blog: http://ascrappydesign.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ascrappydesign
Flickr: http://flickr.com/ascrappydesign








All photos used with the permission of A Scrappy Design

Interview With Heather of A Scrappy Design

What do you do for a living in the daytime?

I work full-time as a Project Coordinator for Operations for a finance company . . . I know, it sounds fancy but trust me, it's not as fancy as it sounds. :D Basically, all I do is software testing, assist with establishing operational procedures, and employee training.

Tell us a little about your etsy self

My Etsy self began selling in January of 2007. I was so inspired by all of the hand-made items and the community of people that I decided to go for it. I began by mainly selling cards but have recently found myself selling more and more scrapbooking embellishments. I still sell the cards but the embellishments tend to sell better.

Oh yeah, I am also member of the following street teams:
EtsyPaper
EtsyScrap
EtsyGreetings
OKEtsy

Search by any of the above and you will be amazed at all the wonderful hand-made products you will see!

Tell us a little about your non-etsy self

My Non-Etsy self is married to a wonderfully artistic husband (he paints the most amazing pictures) and owner of one beautiful Australian Shepherd named, Bear. When I’m not being crafty, I am spending time with my family or running around town with my hubby. I love to watch TV and listening to music (which means I’m pretty lazy, LOL!)

What do you make and why did you start making it?

My best friend introduced me to scrapbooking a few years ago and I immediately became an addict. This addiction led me to getting a part-time job at my local scrapbook store. Once a month, we would have a Make-N-Take day where some of the employees and teachers would create page kits and we’d sell them. I began creating some kits of my own after a few months and every time they would sell out. From there, everything just evolved to the shop I now have on Etsy.

What inspires you?

I get inspiration from many places but I think patterns inspire me the most (which would explain my overabundant inventory of patterned paper). I can just look at a piece of paper or fabric and get several ideas on what to do with it.

What advice do you have for people trying to sell their crafts?

I haven’t quite figured out the secret to success but my advice would to be sure you are having fun. If you stop having fun making and selling your craft, it will show in your sales.

1 comment:

dogwood said...

Great feature! I love those trees!