Friday, March 6, 2009

Weekend Feature: Fabric Covered Buttons And Brads By Aimoobaroo


The other day I had several epiphanies that came together very nicely. 1) why the heck don't I ever think to look for handmade scrapbooking supplies on Etsy? That way I'm getting unique items and supporting my fellow crafter. 2) Why don't I start up my features again but this time make them scrapbook and paper craft features? Brilliant! I know, but I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes!

On my search I discovered a fantastic little shop called Aimoobaroo that sells the most adorable fabric covered buttons and brads. Even better, she makes them with her own two hands! Think these are lovely but aren't a paper crafter or seamstress? No worries, she'll make them into push pins or post back earrings! So what are you waiting for? Go buy her goodies here and if you see something you like, no procrastinating, they sell like hotcakes! Don't forget to check out Aimee's interview at the bottom of this post!

Click any image to be taken to that item's Etsy listing (where you can make it yours).



All photos used with the permission of Aimoobaroo

Interview With Aimee of Aimoobaroo

What do you do for a living in the daytime?

I'm a Stay-at-Home-Mom to a very active 4 year old boy...I also try to work in some creative time everyday and of course there's the everyday tasks of running my Etsy shop (packing orders, making post office runs, etc.)

Tell us a little about your Etsy self

My username is aimoobaroo...I discovered Etsy in May of 2007. I was just a browser and a buyer until July of 2008 when I decided to take the plunge and sell as well. I'm pretty new to the whole blogging world, but one of my main business goals for 2009 is to start a blog for my Etsy store.


Tell us a little about your non-Etsy self

Sometimes it's hard for me to separate Aimee from Aimoobaroo. I've always been looking for ways to satisfy my creative side...whether it's taking photos of my 4 year old, scrapbooking, or surprising my husband with a lunch done in the Japanese bento style. I should mention that I do love all things Japanese. I collect Japanese fabric, bento boxes and anything else that catches my eye. I'm also an avid reader and love spending time with with my family.

What do you make and why did you start making it?

The main focus of my shop currently is my fabric covered button sets...I've always loved buttons and as a former quilter, I've amassed quite the collection of fabric, so combining the two together for me was like a match made in heaven.

What inspires you?

Color
Magazines
Japanese culture and crafts
Photo sharing sites like Flickr
the Etsy community

What advice do you have for people trying to sell their crafts?

Have faith in yourself and your work and it's value. Even in today's tough economy, there really is a market for everyone...find your niche (this is very important in my opinion), and perfect that. Most of all, make what you love and you'll find others that love it too!

2 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi sunny!
what a great post and interview!
you are such a supportive artist!
have a great weekend!
melissa

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Sunny adorable little buttons!
You seem to TOTALLY enjoy having fun-and finding it. thank you for sharring
love
tweedles