Saturday, November 3, 2007

Talking to Myself

Alright, I'm feeling pretty silly blogging, which is the reason I haven't done much. I feel like someone who is talking to themselves but thinks that someone is standing there listening. The point of my blog was to help promote my etsy store but I would think you would have to have a successful blog FIRST to be able to get sales from it. At this point I am without sales and even though it's only been a few weeks my enthusiasm is already waining. I'm making all this stuff for noone, it's piling high on the kitchen counter. It takes me so long to make something it's hardly worth the price I would get for it. I'm used to making freelance graphic designer kindof money, where I'm getting paid healthily for my time and my skills/talent, not selling your crafts money which covers your material plus a paltry compensation for your time. If I was running a small assembly line it might be worth it but right now I don't know if I'm going to sell one of anything, let alone enough to run and assembly line! All the etsy forums say the past few weeks have been slow on sales even for the seasoned etsians so I'm trudging on. Also, my parents have decided to fund my little endeavor so why not!

No comments: