I made this rag wreath from warn out t-shirts destined for the trash and a pair of striped footie jammies that had seen their last bedtime.
This was a super easy project, even the little ones could help make this. It is a bit tedious, but a good project for keeping your hands busy while watching the boob tube.
You can use whatever fabric scraps, warn out t-shirts and clothes you have lying around. To give you an idea of how much fabric it took to fill the wreath this is what I used.
- 1 pair of fleece footie jammies, 6T
- 3 medium women's t-shirts
- 1 large men's t-shirt
- 1 wire wreath
- 3" wide ribbon (I used fabric cut 6" wide and folded)
- any decorative doodads you want to gussy up your finished wreath
- Cut your t-shirts into 3"x6" strips
- Tie them in a single knot around one wire
- Continue until wire wreath is full
- To make your hanger, push ends of wide ribbon through from back, tie in a bow or knot
- Add doodads if desired
Voila! Adorable wreath!
It really is that simple! No sewing or gluing, just cutting and tying!
I still have to make my doodads, some die cut monsters, robots and a scrapped chipboard initial. More show and tell to come!