Friday, May 16, 2008

Weekend Feature: Crosswalk Photography


I found a wonderful surprise among my hearts the other day, Crosswalk Photography. It was just what I was needing, beautiful photographic reminders that God is everywhere! Jamie does all that work photographing and working on etsy and all proceeds go to her youth group! Way to go Jamie! You can check out her wonderful ongoing photography project, Worth 350,000: Taking a Photo a Day for a Year. Keep reading for her interview and be sure to check out her etsy shop.


Cross 24

Cross 67

Cross 74

All photos used with the permission of Crosswalk Photography


Interview with Jaime of Crosswalk Photography

What do you do for a living in the daytime?

During the day time I am the Director of Youth and College Age Ministries at Saint Paul United Methodist Church, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Tell us a little about your etsy self

I just recently opened my etsy store, but have been an etsy shopper for a little while longer! It is such a great place to go for creative expression I love it!

Tell us a little about your non-etsy self

I have one beautiful daughter named Mara who is 20 months old, a very great husband-Jeff, two dogs named Gertie and Sprocket and I love to read and play outside.

What do you make and why did you start making it?

I do photography, I have always loved to take pictures and started in high school. Just recently I got the idea to take pictures of every day items that were in the shape of a cross and sell them for a fund raiser for my youth programs and mission work here at church.

What inspires you?

I just think it so amazing to find little snippets of God everywhere, once you start looking for crosses you can't stop finding them, it is such a constant reminder that God's love is everywhere, and easy to find. What advice do you have for people trying to sell their crafts? Well, I am so new I would love to have the advice of others actually! But I would just say get your name out there and love what you do! :)

1 comment:

Delmar Smith said...

I am looking for a descendant of Marie (Knudsen) Solberg, who with her husband had a store in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota in the early 1900s. The store's name was "The Bee hive" Could you be such a person?

I am a Knudsen descendant from a younger brother of Marie.

Please contact me by email at deldobler@earthlink.net.